Understanding How Keywords Work and Operate Within Google and Why Getting Them Right Matters!
So, you want to be found online in the search engines, giving you more business and customers? You want to increase your marketing to the realms of the internet to keep up with your competitors, but not entirely sure the best method in doing this? Perhaps you’ve used a marketing agency, but feel their efforts have fallen flat? What went wrong, what hasn’t been done?
Professional Keyword Research Services in New Zealand
Did you know that the largest building in the world, The Burj Khalifa in Dubai, has the biggest building foundations of any building on the planet, by mass and depth? It’s been built on solid foundations; this is what is required for any SEO project: Building the strongest foundations as possible and get the targeted keyword correct before starting the campaign.
The majority of websites that we conduct SEO on have been badly constructed in the first place. The website foundations are shaky, and the website content has not been thoroughly researched for targeted keywords.
This ultimately means that they’ll eventually rank for keywords that are not going to bring them vital target lead. They have been targeting incorrect keywords from the beginning.
There has been no thought into keyword research at all, no planning or sculpting of URL structure to work best with the search engines. You know the saying;
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”
This is where we do things differently. We PLAN every client website based on several hours of keyword research. We’ve been doing this for over a decade, and each client sees dramatic improvements in their lead quality over the period we work with them.
Incorrect Keywords Lead to Bad Campaigns
As explained earlier, when you build a house, you need to make sure that the house has strong, solid foundations before building upwards. IT is crucial NOT to ignore this important step when designing the layout of the website. If you look over this step, you’ll not rank for as many keywords as you previously could have. Your SEO campaign will not be as effective as it could have been if the keyword foundations were laid correctly.
Stop Targeting the Wrong Keywords
We’ve seen this happen time and time again. There are specific places on your web pages that you need to place target keywords. This effectively tells Google we want to ‘rank’ for this phrase first.
Yet other agencies don’t use this option at all!
You may find that the Meta Title has not been edited and is set to default. This means you’re not controlling what Google needs to see.
If you haven’t targeted specific keywords, then you’re going to change that.
If you get the wrong keywords on your website, it means no matter how many months your campaign is running, you will never reach the correct ranking goals. Your SEO campaign will not be successful.
Getting the Right Keywords for Your Website
You may have keywords in the right places, but they might be the wrong keywords. They might not be buyer-intent keywords. Buyer-intent keywords are phrases that someone is typing into Google when they are thinking about buying something.
Take the phrase:
“Buy a 15-inch Asus laptop”
“Reviews of 15-inch Asus laptops”
The first phrase has been typed by someone actually want to purchase a 15-inch Asus laptop. They’ve made their mind up and WANTED TO BUY.
The second phrase, meanwhile, indicates that they are looking for reviews of 15-inch Asus laptops. They aren’t thinking about buying it; well, not yet!
We look to achieve rankings for phrases where it is obvious that the person is more than likely to provide our clients with a pre-qualified lead.
This means that sales with this visitor will be a lot easier.
Our Keyword Research Services
Have you ever heard of the phrases ‘quality over quantity’? Well, that is what matters when doing SEO. We make sure that we target the best keywords for your business and the services that your business provides.
We want to ensure that the quality of the keywords that we choose and get you ranked for will provide the best return for your business as much as possible. We use several professional research tools that extract and combine all of the targeted KWs. We then use our ‘brains’ to look through the list of keywords to determine their worth, based on the search results for each of the words.
Our Keyword Search Incorporates:
With several years’ experience researching keywords, we have narrowed down a simple process, and it’s the same every single time, across multiple countries and languages. We start with the Discovery Form, and from there, we can start:
• Initial Seed Keywords – One of the questions we always ask is to provide a group of initial ‘seed’ phrases, that you, as a business, would like to be listed for. We are then able to expand on this list and look for other ‘broad terms’ that are related. This starts the foundations of the website theme within the search engines.
• Extracting Irrelevant Keywords – Our software pulls out a very long list of keywords from this initial seed list. Our role is to reduce this down by eliminating spurious phrases that hold no commercial intent from the searchers. Likewise, we avoid targeting phrases that are simply too broad or don’t clearly indicate what the user’s intent is when they type in the broad phrases.
• Find Competitor Keywords – We ask you to provide us with a list of your online competitors. There is a very good reason for this – we reverse engineer those websites to see what Google thinks of their business and what keywords Google ranks them for. More explanation of why this is important can be found on the SEO Competitor Research page.
• Targeting Long-Tail Keywords – When examining a list of keywords from our software, we are often presented with many long-tail phrases. These will be low in search volume but indicate a clear user intent that will mean a far higher probability of the visitor turning into a conversion and sale. Take, for instance, the phrase “best air conditioning installers in Glenfield” – this is a person wanting to install air conditioning in Glenfield, Auckland. They will make a call.
• Targeting Specific Cities & Towns – Another section within our Discovery Form asks about the geographic regions that you wish to operate in. The majority of companies only want to operate in specific geographic areas. We look to find related keywords that reveal what the searcher is looking for within a town or city. These are valuable phrases to target.
• Local Listings – The Maps – When looking at the locations you operate within, if it is a service, then you need to consider ranking in the local map listings. We are highly versed in the method needed to achieve local maps listings for specific phrases.
• What Is The User Thinking? – This is the part where a human with a reasonable level of intelligence needs to step in and ‘think’. A robot or software can extract hundreds of keywords, but are they all ideal to be ranked for? Does a phrase indicate to Google that the user is actively looking for specific service or products? For example, “emergency locksmith Takapuna’ clearly reveals a lot more about the searcher’s intent when compared to the phrase “career as a locksmith”.
After extracting a huge list of keywords from our software, we are then able to narrow down the list to specific phrases. It’s this list that we then use to create the foundations of the URL structure for the website.
Final Thoughts – Why Keywords Are Important?
As a business, you don’t want to be pouring thousands of dollars into an SEO campaign that brings you little in return. Most of the time, the reasons for a poor SEO campaign are poor keyword choices at the beginning of the campaign, in addition to the keywords that are not being diverse enough. Unlike many other SEO agencies, we understand the importance of this vital step. It’s a step that cannot be outsourced or run by a computer – it involves a human brain to examine and digest the words with educated thought.
——>Place Contact for HERE – CTA<—–